So the leaks were true


It has been officially announced, the next expansion for World of Warcraft will be called Cataclysm.

A few weeks back the details of the next expansion for WoW were leaked and posted on MMO Champion. It was quite detailed, listing the changes that would happen to the land of Azeroth, the lore behind the change, and the class changes. The identity of the two new races were later and separately found after some data mining by a clever person. Leaks this detailed and important(this isn't just another patch, it's a leak of an entire expansion) were scrutinized and written off as phony. Turns out they were all true. Now I wonder what kind of insider MMO Champion has in Blizzards company... I'm impressed though.

Rather than going through the list of changes which are already posted on every WoW fansite in the universe, I have posted a link to the official Cataclysm page below. There are many completely new additions to Azeroth, but unfortunately The Upside Down Sinners area is not one of them. It was an "unreachable" area near Kharazan and... well you gotta see it to know how scary it truly was. I'm guessing if they opened this area to the players, the ESRB would have to bump up the age rating on WoW. But I'm digressing.

I will have a write up later about my thoughts on the changes, though I will say this, I am a bit nervous and getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about the changes that are coming to the landscape and lore of Azeroth. But they quickly subside when I think about the awesomeness of playing a werewolf!

World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Comments

No responses to “So the leaks were true”